January 20th, 2018 by admin
Think about what you expected when you checked into a hotel room 20 years ago.
- Clean room
- Bed was made
- Fresh towels
- Mint on the pillow
Now, think about what you expect when you check into a modern hotel
- Free and fast Wi-Fi
- Great in-room entertainment and dining options
- Seamless user experience from walking in the door until after you leave
Also think about what your staff has come to expect when working at a modern hotel.
- Reliable and fast internet
- Unified communications which enable them to communicate from anywhere with any team member
- Automatic notifications for alerts or key activities
The hospitality industry has changed just like every other industry in our technological world. Customers expect a great experience, a majority of that pertains to their ability to interact with the technology they bring with them (laptop, tablet, smart phone) and the technology provided throughout the hotel (in-room phone, digital signage, front desk receptionist).
As an owner/operator in the hospitality industry, you have a lot of people inside and outside your organization demanding the best technology. But what if technology isn’t your strength. You need a strategic partner, you need Dominion Voice and Data. Dominion Voice and Data has been working with owner/operators in the hospitality industry to help them deploy the best technology solutions for both guest and staff. Below is an example of our approach, an approach that not only empowers your staff and pleases your guest, but also keeps IT cost low.
Start with your team
As the owner/operator, you need to take care of your team first. If you take care of your team, they will then take care of your customers. By starting here, we help owners find out what their teams need to succeed. In many cases, we create a list similar to this:
- Fast and reliable internet for all work stations
- Wi-Fi available throughout the property to enable workers to access their business applications from wherever a guest might be
- Simple, yet powerful phone system that integrates with your front desk software and enables mobile roaming
- Reliable and friendly IT support and help desk for all the business provided devices
Once we have built your list, we then go to work for you to create a plan to meet your teams needs. We do a full assessment of your current IT infrastructure, find the best solutions to meet you needs, then build a proposed roadmap to take you from where you are to where you need to be.
Keep your guest Wowed
Now that we have your staff properly supported, our focus quickly shifts to your customer base. The modern customer is powerful, influential, and free to find the company that best meets their needs. Customers are learning more about your business with a 5-minute web search of other customer reviews, not by just visiting your property. You not only want to make your current customers happy, but you want them to engage with you online and tell others about the amazing experience they had.
So what do customers expect? Once again, we lead the owner/operator through a brain storming session to try and think of all the things related to IT that they are expecting when they walk in the front door:
- Free and fast Wi-Fi
- Free access to a business center with computers and printers ready for them to use
- Interactive lobby monitors
- Powerful in-room communication solutions for interacting with staff and dinning services
- Enjoyable in-room entertainment
Fortunately, many of these items can be built upon the solutions we have already selected to empower your workforce. As your IT consultant, we build another roadmap for success to meet the items you identified as crucial to keeping your guest wowed.
IT peace of mind
The final aspect that sets Dominion Voice and Data apart is our ability to not only provide consultation services, but also our ability to project manage, execute, and support all the solutions we propose. We become your single destination for all things related to IT.
This peace of mind enables you to focus on your business and driving great customer experiences.
This process can all begin today with a free conversation. Reach out to our team to learn more about our services, let us show you what we can do to help your organization grow.
Posted in: Services,